Here are 6 easy ways to make your gift go further
Every gift matters. One meal or a single night in a safe, warm bed can be life changing. Sitting down with an advocate to create a safety plan can truly save someone’s life. YOUR investment in RCS makes a difference in your local community. Your gift will provide Help & Hope to people right here in Pinellas County.
1. Join the RCS Change Makers. Have a specific monthly donation automatically charged to your credit card or deducted from your checking account. Sign up here.
Tip: You might not notice $20 a month, but hungry children and adults could enjoy 20 nutritious meals every month!
2. Give Appreciated Stock. You can give appreciated assets to RCS. It’s simple and easy – it may save you capital gains taxes! The only cost to you is what you originally paid for it, and the current value may be tax deductible.
Tip: Are you concerned about taxes this year? Do this before December 31! Send us an email for more information.
3. Double your gift with a Matching Gift. You can double your gift to RCS without having to take it out of your own wallet. Some companies, like Bank of America, McDonalds and Lockheed-Martin will match your gift. Some companies match the gift by retirees and/or spouses too. Does your company offer matching gifts? Check here.
4. When you shop at Amazon, support RCS in the process! You shop as usual. RCS receives 4-8% of the purchase proceeds (from Amazon Smile)! Click here to start. Under “Or pick your own charitable organization:” Type in “Religious Community Services” The first option on the list should be us… in Clearwater, FL; Founded in 1967.
Tip: Do this before you start your holiday shopping!
5. Put RCS in your will. Bequests do not affect your lifestyle today. It could be as easy as making an amendment or a codicil. You can also make RCS a beneficiary of an account. You should contact an attorney for proper legal advice. RCS can also help connect you with an attorney who can help! Send an email for more information.
6. Use iDonate to donate vehicles, electronics, jewelry and other unwanted items. iDonate will liquidate the item and donate the cash to RCS. Its simple and fast. Click here.
Review: Suzanne with RCS made donating 2 cars so easy and she was so quick in doing so! She was a pleasure to work with. Also, iDonate called me the same day and I set everything up via the phone and the next day the cars were gone! This was such a relief for my desk. This office will not hesitate to use RCS/iDonate again. I will recommend RCS/iDonate to any one who asks! Thank you so much!! Karen – Fox and Fox, P.A.
If you have any questions or suggestions about these ideas, call the Office of Advancement and Communication at 727-584-3528 or email.